Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
The Fairfax County Federation of Citizens' Associations
request the pleasure of your company at the
Sixty-Fifth Annual Awards Banquet
2014 Fairfax County Citizen of the Year
Citation of Merit Honorees
Special Gratitude Award Honorees
Michael "Mike" Frey
Gerald "Gerry" Hyland
Special Gratitude Award / Lifetime Achievement Honoree
Sunday, the third of May
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
1960 Chain Bridge Road, McLean, Virginia
Cash bar Cocktails 5:30 p.m.
Program 6:30 p.m.
Please consider becoming a sponsor of the Citizen Of the Year Awards Banquet
For more details or to RSVP or Pay via credit card
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 16 April - Future Land Use in Fairfax County - Mason Governmental Center
- 21 May - Officer Elections - Mason Governmental Center
- 18 June - Picnic and the State of Fairfax - Annandale Community Park Picnic Shelter
- 23 April - Braddock Hall
- 28 May - Braddock Hall
- 25 June - Dunn Loring Center, Room 108 (Entrance 2)
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- Letter to FCPS Board on the Fairfax County Public Schools Long Range Strategic Plan (26 Jan 15 )
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the preliminary FCPS FY16 Budget (19 Jan 15 )
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7 Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |