Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
Next Federation Board Meeting
Postponed to Thursday, 2 October 2014. See below.
All our Federation email addresses are now in the format:
All email links on the website are being updated,
but if you come across one not in the proper format,
please be sure to update it in your email application!
Braddock District Supervisor John Cook administrating the oath to the 2014-2015 Officers.
From the left:
Second Vice President: Bill Barfield
President: Tim Thompson
Treasurer: Matt Bell
First Vice President: Edward Wyse
Recording Secretary: Curtis Anderson
Corresponding Secretary: Fred Costello
Brief biographical sketches of our new officers
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 16 October - 2015 Legislative Package - Mason Governmental Center
- 20 November - TBD - Mason Governmental Center
- 18 December - TBD
- 23 October - Braddock Hall
- 4 December - Annual Holiday Dinner, venue TBD)
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated
with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's
Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government
Center. (31 July 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of
funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year
according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7
Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |