Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
Fairfax County Volunteer Citizen of the Year
Nominations can be submitted from 1 December 2014 until 31 January 2015
Whom will you nominate?
Each year, a selection committee of county-wide organizations meets to review nominations for the Federation's "Citizen of the Year" and Citation(s) of Merit.
The winners are honored at our annual banquet scheduled this year for 19 April 2015. Both the Citizen of the Year Designation and Citation(s) of Merit recognize and honor those citizens whose voluntary contributions of time and talent have resulted in major accomplishments that have enhanced the quality of life for citizens of Fairfax County.
In Memoriam for Jean Packard
Jean served the Federation and was honored by the Federation as:
She served Fairfax County in numerous other capacities,
most recently as the elected Chair of the
Northern Virginia Soil & Water Conservation District.
- President (1967)
- Citation of Merit (1984)
- Citizen of the Year (1985)
- Corresponding Secretary (2001-2003)
We are all poorer for this loss.
Federation Inclement Weather Policy
Next Membership Meeting
Thursday, 20 November 2014 at 7:30 PM
- Emergency Prepardness
Presented by Whitney Kazragis, Community Outreach Liaison, Office of Emergency Management
Mason Governmental Center, Main Conference Room
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
Next Federation Board Meeting
Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
is our annual holiday board dinner at
Fortune Restaurant (on Arlington Blvd, Route 50)
6249 Seven Corner Center, Falls Church, VA 22044
Draft Previous Board Minutes
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 11 December - TBD - Mason Governmental Center
- 15 January - 2015 Police and Fire Olympics - Mason Governmental Center
- 19 February - Future Land Use in Fairfax County - Braddock Hall
- 22 January - Dunn Loring Center
- 26 February - Bradock Hall
- 26 March - Bradock Hall
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated
with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's
Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government
Center. (31 July 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of
funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year
according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7
Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |