2015 Legislative Session
Legislative Membership Meeting:
On October 16, 2014, at the Mason Government Center, the Fairfax Federation hosted its annual "Forum With Our Legislators". Fairfax members of the General Assembly in attendance were Senators Marsden and Petersen, and Delegates Bulova, Keem, Simon, and Watts. Presented to them was the Federationís Top 11 Issues Package containing citizen issues and bills for consideration in 2015. Many of the issues and other topics were discussed with our guest Legislators.
- The Fairfax County Federation of Citizens Associations conducted during September its first survey to hear from Fairfax County residents about what issues, bills, or services was important to them. The survey had 128 respondents with over 400 comments. Thank you for your input!
- Survey results were compiled and vetted by respective committees into 15 proposed issues that were voted by the board for sending to the General Assembly. Eleven issues were passed.
- This Top 11 Issues package was presented to the six Fairfax members of the Virginia General Assembly and is forwarded to all members of the Fairfax GA and Board of Supervisors.
- Your participation in improving our community is appreciated. Questions or comments may be sent to the Federationís Legislative Committee Co-chairs, Bill Barfield or Matthew Bell, at FedLegislationChr2015 @ fairfaxfederation (remove the spaces).
- Here is the Federation internal working 2015 Proposed 15 Issues Package
- Here is the final 2015 Top 11 Issues Package presented to members of the Fairfax General Assembly and the Board of Supervisors