Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
Introducing the nomination committee's recommended slate for
2016-2017 Federation Officers
President: Tim Thompson
First Vice President: Edward Wyse
Second Vice President: Bill Barfield
Treasurer: Alejandro Mattiuzzo
Recording Secretary: No Nominee
Corresponding Secretary: Matt Bell
Brief biographical sketches of our proposed new officers
In Memoriam for Charles Dane
Charlie served the Federation and was honored by the Federation as:
- Citation of Merit Recipient (2010)
- First Vice President
- Education Committee Chair
- Land Use Committee Chair
- Resolutions Committee Chair
Charlie Dane of Annandale had a long history of public service to Fairfax County.
- He was been associated with the Fairfax County Federation of Citizens Associations for many years, briefly serving as Chair of the Land Use Committee, and then later as First Vice President.
- For almost ten years, he served as Chair of the FederationÕs Education Committee.
- He served for two years as co-chair and as a member of the Fairfax County School BoardÕs Advisory Committee of Human Relations.
- He was a member of the Fairfax County Public School SuperintendentÕs Business and Community Advisory Council.
- After attending School Board retreats, work sessions, and selected committee meetings, Dr. Dane offered ideas on educational and administrative practices to improve public education.
- He participated in the annual review of scholarship applications submitted to College Access Fairfax.
- In addition to education pursuits, Dr. Dane has served for over eight years as the Braddock District representative on the Fairfax County Commission on Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation and serves as the CommissionÕs Vice-Chair.
- He also participated as a member of the Braddock District Citizens Budget Committee.
- As a retired federal employee (Chief, Office of Scientific Authority, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service), he was a member of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association and has served as Treasurer, Vice President, and President, of the Annandale NARFE Chapter 1159.
- Dr. Dane previously served as Area Improvement Chair of his Stone Haven Civic Association, and coordinated the associationÕs biennial home tour event to encourage others to remodel and improve their homes and yards.
- At their 14 April 2016 meeting, the Fairfax County Public School Board honored Charlie for his dedication to the county's schools by passing a resolution in his honor, and presenting a commemorating plaque to his wife Dottie. Federation members were there to stand with Dottie as Charlie was honored.
Federation Inclement Weather Policy
Next Federation Membership Meeting
Thursday, 19 May 2016, at 7:30 p.m.
Program: HOA/Condo Policy and Legislative Issues
Speakers: Delegate David Bulova and Pia Trigiani
Also Election of Federation Officers and Approval of the Federation Budget
Mason Governmental Center, Main Community Room
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
Draft minutes of previous Membership meeting are in the current Bulletin
Members' Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Next Federation Board Meeting
Thursday, 26 May 2016, at 7:30 p.m.
Dunn Loring Center, Room 108 (Entrance 2)
2334 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Draft minutes of previous Board meeting
Board Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 19 May 16 - Officer Elections
- 16 June 16 - Picnic at Nottoway Park Shelter #1
- 26 May 16 - TBD
- 23 Jun 16 - TBD
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- Letter to FCPS Board on the Fairfax County Public Schools Long Range Strategic Plan (26 Jan 15 )
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the preliminary FCPS FY16 Budget (19 Jan 15 )
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7 Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Input to VDOT on the proposed I-66 Inside Beltway Multi-Modal Improvements (30 Jun 2015)
- Testimony on the I-66 Outside Beltway Environment Impact Statement (28 May 2015)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |