Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
Fairfax County Volunteer Citizen of the Year
Nominations can be submitted from 1 December 2015 until 31 January 2016
Whom will you nominate?
Each year, a selection committee of county-wide organizations meets to review nominations for the Federation's "Citizen of the Year" and Citation(s) of Merit.
The winners are honored at our annual banquet scheduled this year for 3 April 2016. Both the Citizen of the Year Designation and Citation(s) of Merit recognize and honor those citizens whose voluntary contributions of time and talent have resulted in major accomplishments that have enhanced the quality of life for citizens of Fairfax County.
The 2016 Nomination period was from 1 December 2015 to 2 February 2016.
We thank those who honored their fellow citizens by nominating them for consideration.
All our Federation email addresses are now in the format:
All email links on the website are being updated,
but if you come across one not in the proper format,
please be sure to update it in your email application!
Board Chair Sharon Bulova administrating the oath to the 2015-2016 Officers.
From the left:
Second Vice President: Bill Barfield
President: Tim Thompson
Treasurer: Matt Bell
Recording Secretary: Curtis Anderson
First Vice President: Edward Wyse
Not present, Corresponding Secretary: Fred Costello
Brief biographical sketches of our new officers
Federation Inclement Weather Policy
Next Membership Meeting
Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Fairfax County FY 2016 Budget Review
Mason Governmental Center, Main Conference Room
- Joe Mondoro, Deputy Director Department of Management and Budget
- Kristen Michael, Director of Budget, FCPS
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
Draft minutes of previous Membership meeting are in the current Bulletin
Members' Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Next Federation Board Meeting
Thursday, 25 Feb 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Dunn Loring Center, Room 108 (Entrance 2)
2334 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Draft minutes of previous Board meeting
Board Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 17 Mar 16 - TBD
- 21 Apr 16 - TBD
- 19 May 16 - TBD/Election of Officers
- 25 Feb 16 - TBD
- 24 Mar 16 - TBD
- 28 Apr 16 - TBD
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- Letter to FCPS Board on the Fairfax County Public Schools Long Range Strategic Plan (26 Jan 15 )
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the preliminary FCPS FY16 Budget (19 Jan 15 )
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7 Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Input to VDOT on the proposed I-66 Inside Beltway Multi-Modal Improvements (30 Jun 2015)
- Testimony on the I-66 Outside Beltway Environment Impact Statement (28 May 2015)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |