Candidates for May 2021 Federation Election
At the 27 May Membership meeting,
the new Federation officers will be elected
from a slate advanced by the Nominating Committee and as a result of nominations from the floor at the meeting.
Per the Federation's bylaws, the nominating committee has as its members a past president, two district council representatives and representatives from two member communities. The members of the nominating committee for 2021-2022 were past president Tim Thompson, District Representatives Pete Sitnik (Mount Vernon) and Mike Perel (Braddock), and community representatives Nancy Trainer and Patrick Smaldore.
The following people were proposed as the 2021-22 officer slate by the nominating committee. The nominees were asked for brief biographies for our consideration. They provided these biographies:
President: Sridhar Ganesan
- Sridhar is willing to stand for election as President of the Fairfax Federation. He has attended many Federation Membership Meetings and voted for officers in the past as the President of the Reston Citizens Association. After being its president for two four-year terms, he ran for and was elected treasurer and a Board Member of the Reston Association where he was in charge of a multi-million-dollar budget, as well as ensuring payment of about 1200 employees, maintenance of parks & pools, and the many other amenities overseen and used by about 55,000+ citizens of Reston
First Vice President: Morgan Jameson
- Morgan also has a long relationship with the Federation having served for several years as the Human Services Committee co-chair. He was appointed by the current Federation's president to fill the existing vacancy of 1st VP until this election.
Second Vice President: Bárbara Zamora-Appel
- Bárbara is new to the Federation. Tim recruited her to join us and run for the 2nd VP office, with the hopes she'll move up next year to 1st VP or even president. She maintains a long list of very strong community volunteer activists via the several boards on which she has or is serving; a strength needed by the 2nd VP for fulfilling numerous advisory committees on which the Federation is asked to participate each year. Presently she is the Finance Committee chairwoman for the McLean Community Center which oversaw the hiring of a very successful paid director; her committee also oversaw the major multi-million dollar renovation of the MCC
Treasurer: Leslie Braun
- No one has indicated a willingness to serve as the Federation's Treasurer. If interested, please contact our Nominating Committee Chair, Tim Thompson. Leslie is the existing treasurer of the Federation and has held the job the past 3 years. Though she didn't want to continue, stating no one person should hold the same office more than 3 years, she has agreed to do it one more year while the nominations committee tries to find someone that she can train, then step in to the office for her, even if her full 1-year term isn't completed. If interested, please contact our Nominating Committee Chair, Tim Thompson.
Recording Secretary: Vacant
- No one has indicated a willingness to serve as the Federation's Recording Secretary. If interested, please contact our Nominating Committee Chair, Tim Thompson
Corresponding Secretary: Tim Thompson
- No one has indicated a willingness to serve as the Federation's Corresponding Secretary. If interested, please contact our Nominating Committee Chair, Tim Thompson. Tim is willing to serve until the Nominations Committee can fill this vacancy.