The FY 2016 Fairfax County Fiscal Year Budget can be found online.
The Federation passed a resolution recommending that the BOS
contract for a management consultant to conduct or participate in the "lines of business reviews" (28 May 2015)
- Whereas the Joint Fairfax County Board of Supervisors (BOS) and the Fairfax County Public School Board Budget Committee
has stated that "there is a joint realization/understanding and appreciation of County revenue constraints, County and School requirements, and forecasted growth. Unfortunately, our Resources do not match our Needs/Wants", and
- Whereas the BOS has approved the County Executive's "lines of business review" in the FY 2016 budget, and
- Whereas the Fairfax County Federation of Citizens Associations' Board of Directors (Federation’s Board) believes a management consultant will add to the "credibility" of the "lines of business reviews", and may maximize any savings resulting from these reviews
- Be It Resolved - that the Federation's Board urges the BOS to contract for a management consultant to conduct or participate in the "lines of business reviews", and that FY 2015 year-end or other funds be used for this purpose.
- Be It Further Resolved - that the Federation's Board urges the BOS to ensure that a management consultant will be provided with sufficient access to data and information to be able to validate the findings of the “lines of business reviews".
FY 2016 Budget
- Here is the Membership-approved (final) version of the Federation Budget Resolution as submitted to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors.
Here is the testimony given before the Board of Supervisors.
- Here is the Board-approved draft for consideration by the membership at its 19 March membership meeting.
- Here is the cleaned up version of the Budget Resolution, with more consistent formatting. Still some issues to be resolved.
- Here is an alternative Library Resolution to compare to the Library Committee version included in the Master document.
- Education Committee has concerns about the position on ERFC.
- Consider eliminating a-f under General Resolutions as they are taken care of elsewhere?
- At least remove the comments/questions.
- Page 11 makes reference to a Commonwealth Transportation Plan but I cannot find any reference to such a document on the internet so I am inclined to remove this clause.
- This is updated with the latest resolution from Kathy Kaplan of the Libraries Committee. There is still work to do on the document, but we need to get a sense of the board this evening that we are in agreement as to the direction. Also need your advice on fact checking and determining how and where to use a-f under General Resolutions.
- Here is the start of a working draft on a budget resolution for this year. It has not received input from the committees, but includes concepts discussed at the Committee meeting on Saturday. It is based upon the 2015 Resolution adopted by the Federation.
Please review this for the 2 March Board meeting so we can discuss whether we agree with the general tenor and direction of this resolution.
Here are some comments on the Fairfax County and School Budgets to put the draft resolution document in perspective.
The dollar values in the comments are derived in the associated
- FY 2016 Fairfax County Advertised Budget
- FY 2016 Budget Background Data